Trump indictment will be interrupted on Jewish Sabbath

The indictment of former President Donald Trump will be interrupted if it lasts until the Sabbath, in order to accommodate the request of one of his lawyers, who is an observant Jew.

Trump indictment attorney David Schoen has requested that the trial – which begins Tuesday – be put on temporary leash from sunset from Friday to Saturday.

“I apologize for the inconvenience that my request that accusations not be made during the Jewish Sabbath will undoubtedly cause other people at the proceedings,” Schoen wrote in a letter to Senate leaders last week.

‘However, the practices and prohibition requirements are mandatory for me; so I have no choice but to address this request. ”

The leader of the majority, Chuck Schumer, said on Sunday that the Senate would grant Schoen’s request.

“We respect their request and will of course comply with it. Discussions with the parties involved about the structure of the trial are continuing, “said Angelo Roefaro, spokesperson for Schumer.

.Source