Prince Harry in the Oprah interview compares ‘incredibly difficult’ royal split with Diana’s experience

Harry said he “can’t imagine what it must have been like” for Diana to go through a similar experience, in one of two videos released from the show.

The discussion is the first interview the couple has conducted together since they left last year as working members of the royal family.

“I’m just very relieved and glad I sat here with my wife by my side and talked to you,” Harry said in the clip. “Because I can not imagine what it must have been like for her, going through this process all those years ago.”

“It was incredibly difficult for the two of us, but we at least had each other,” he said, sitting next to Meghan in an outside set.

In another track, Harry adds that his ‘biggest concern was that history repeated itself’, apparently another reference to his mother’s experience.

Diana divorced Prince Charles and was largely avoided by the royal family in the 1990s. She died in a car accident in 1997, and Harry frequently criticized the intense media coverage she presented as a contributing factor to her death.

The clips also show Winfrey asking Meghan and Harry a series of questions, though their answers cannot be seen. At one point, the interviewer tells the couple that “there is no topic that is not limited” in the discussion, and she later says “you said some shocking things here.”

“Were you silent, or were you silenced?” Winfrey asks Meghan at another point in the promo, which immediately cuts away from the Duchess’ answer. In none of the promotional tracks is Meghan heard.

The interview airs on March 7 and is expected to touch on a number of topics, including the support Meghan received from the royals.

Prince Harry says he left the royal life because the British press 'destroyed' his mental health

Harry and Meghan have not participated in the media the year since they walked away from the royal family, a move that caused a crisis at Buckingham Palace in early 2020.

But last week, Harry talked about the ruling in a lengthy section of James Corden’s “Late Late Show,” while the couple began talking to friendlier people in the media.

“We all know what the British press can be like, and it has destroyed my mental health,” Harry said during the segment with Corden. ‘I was like it’s toxic. That’s why I did what any man and any father would do. ‘

In February, it was confirmed that the couple would not return as working members of the royal family.

.Source