Two days after the Electoral College announced the victory of Pres. Joseph R. Biden Jr. confirmed, a Senate committee on Wednesday provided a platform for another round of modest legal arguments and lies about widespread voter fraud that has been repeatedly rejected by courts across the country. country.
The trial was the latest attempt by Republican chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, to bolster President Trump’s claims and concerns. Mr. Johnson had earlier used his committee to investigate Hunter’s son, Hunter, and to highlight marginal theories about the coronavirus pandemic.
Although Mr. Johnson admitted in his opening speech that fraudulent voting did not affect the outcome of the election, saying that ” lax enforcement, the denial of effective dual observation of the entire electoral process, and the failure to be fully transparent or reasonable audits from to lead, led to increased suspicion. ”
“The fraud took place. The election was stolen in many ways, “said Senator Rand Paul, a Republican from Kentucky, at one point.
These allegations are false. The Trump campaign has failed to provide evidence in a number of lawsuits that Republican observers have been banned from voting. Narratives and audits after selection in various battlefields led to the victory of Mr. Pray shut down and confirm if it’s going on. There is no evidence that the election was ‘stolen’.
Witnesses testified by Mr. Johnson was called, included three men – two advocates for Mr. Trump and a representative of Pennsylvania – who tried unsuccessfully to reverse the election results. They also included Ken Starr, who represented Trump during the indictment this year.
Although several witnesses insisted, there was evidence of widespread fraud – and as they claimed echo in viral posts on social media – Christopher C. Krebs, the former head of the government’s cyber security agency, testified that the election was the safest in American history.
A rejected claim of 200,000 improper votes in Wisconsin
James Troupis, an attorney for Mr. Trump in Wisconsin, claimed that 200,000 people voted improperly in the state. He argued that the adoption of votes in Dane and Milwaukee – two Democratic bastions – violated state law before election day, and that the votes should be cast.
But the Wisconsin Supreme Court dismissed the case Monday, and a Conservative judge said one of Mr. Troupis’ four allegations were “deserving” and that the other three lost time. Judges also noted during the trial that Mr. Troupis is not trying to cast ballots in other provinces that used the same procedures, but that Mr. Trump won.
A Republican member of the state’s election commission noted this month that the Trump campaign “made no claims of fraud in this election” but rather “settled disputes in legal matters.”
‘No evidence’ of 130,000 cases of voter fraud in Nevada
Similarly, Mr. Trump’s campaign lawyer in Nevada used the trial to repeat false allegations and arguments rejected by state courts. The lawyer, Jesse Binnall, said that the experts of the campaign had identified ‘130 000 unique cases of voter fraud’ in Nevada and that their testimony ‘was never refuted, but only ignored’.
A district court in Nevada has dismissed these claims and dismissed the case this month, and the Nevada Supreme Court upheld the ruling last week.
The lower court said it “has no credible or credible evidence that the Nevada general election in Nevada will be affected by fraud in 2020” and that the evidence of the campaign has little or no value. ‘ Mr. Binnall and others in the legal team proved their allegations of double voting, dead people and non-residents and non-residents who voted ‘not under any standard of proof’, the court wrote.
The state Supreme Court upheld the ruling that it asked the Trump campaign to identify district court findings, but that “appellants did not point to any factual findings, and we did not identify them.”
Rejected claims over Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania State Representative Francis Ryan also reiterated a number of claims that appeared in Texas’ lawsuit to throw out the election results in Pennsylvania and other swing states. The Supreme Court dismissed the lawsuit last week.
Mr. Ryan said a data portal listed 508,112 ballots counted in Philadelphia County initially and incorrectly, despite only 432,873 ballots being issued to voters. He then admitted that the 500,000 figure was later corrected.
He also claims that the state reported that 3.1 million ballots were sent by email, but that number was 2.7 million “the day before the election”. Pennsylvania, in a statement responding to the lawsuit, noted that Mr. Ryan’s analysis was ‘fundamentally wrong’ and that the amount of 3.1 million contains 2.7 million ballots and 400,000 absentee ballots.
Furthermore, Mr. Ryan expressed skepticism that more than 1,500 voters were over 100 years old. But the figure contains dozens of cases where a birthday is introduced on January 1, 1900 as a placeholder. This is also consistent with reports from the Census and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on the number of people getting older in Pennsylvania and the United States.
Mr. Starr separately argued that Pennsylvania “clearly violated state law in extending the consent. A lawsuit with the same point was rejected by the state Supreme Court, which was then upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court.
A Misleading Reference to the Carter-Baker Commission
Mr. Johnson and Mr. Starr also quoted Democratic officials who had earlier expressed concern about securing the election, indicating that Republicans were being unfairly vilified in their efforts to lift the issue.
“I can not remember the media or anyone else accusing these eight congressional Democrats of indulging in quotation, quackery and conspiracy theories,” Johnson said as he read excerpts from three letters written by Democratic senators.
The three letters dealt with possible foreign attempts to hack the election security software and the involvement of private equity firms in companies that make election equipment.
Mr. Starr has repeatedly referred to a 2005 commission led by former President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James A. Baker III who issued a “warning” about ballot papers.
But Mr. Carter insists that the vote for enrollment be expanded this year, and its foundation, the Carter Center, noted that the 2005 report found that there was ‘little evidence of voter fraud’ in places with adequate guarantees.
A CIA supercomputer and an error rate of 68 percent
Mr. Krebs cited and exposed a number of false conspiracy theories and rumors, including those espoused by Mr. Trump and his allies have advanced.
The allegation about “a CIA supercomputer and program that caused voices across the country and specifically in Georgia” – made by Sidney Powell, a former lawyer for Mr. Trump, pressed, is refuted by the polls.
‘You can always go back to the receipts. “You can check your math, and Georgia did it three times, and the outcomes were consistent over and over and over again,” he said. Krebs said.
Mr. Krebs also addressed a false allegation, repeated by Mr. Trump, from a 68 percent error rate in the vote count in Antrim County, Michigan. But it was, according to him, based on a misinterpretation of the programming language.
‘In fact, it was not that 68 per cent of the votes were wrong; “It was that the logs of the election management system recorded 68 percent of the logs themselves, had a warning rate,” said Mr. Krebs said. “The problem is that the report itself does not specify any of the errors, except one.”
Mr Krebs added: ‘We need to stop this. It undermines confidence in democracy. ”